Recipe by breezermom
This is a great recipe for a holiday breakfast or a brunch. Make sure you drain the sausage well so the casserole isn't greasy! If you'd like you can add some chopped green onions, mushrooms or bell peppers to this, just cook them first so they don't make the casserole too liquidy.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Made for our weekly 'breakfast for dinner' night and everyone loved it! I made as written in a 9x13 pan and mine cooked up nicely in 38 minutes. Will make again!! Made for Everyday Holiday.
- 1 (8 count) can crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon Grey Poupon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease an 8x11 inch baking pan lightly. Line the prepared pan with the crescent roll dough.
- Brush the dough with the mustard. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and layer with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and sausage.
- Combine the eggs and milk in a mixing bowl. Beat until frothy. Pour evenly over the sausage.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheddar cheese and 1/3 mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 or 40 minutes or until set.