Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a great recipe for a holiday breakfast or a brunch. Make sure you drain the sausage well so the casserole isn't greasy! If you'd like you can add some chopped green onions, mushrooms or bell peppers to this, just cook them first so they don't make the casserole too liquidy.
- Grease an 8x11 inch baking pan lightly. Line the prepared pan with the crescent roll dough.
- Brush the dough with the mustard. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and layer with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and sausage.
- Combine the eggs and milk in a mixing bowl. Beat until frothy. Pour evenly over the sausage.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheddar cheese and 1/3 mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 or 40 minutes or until set.
Made for our weekly 'breakfast for dinner' night and everyone loved it! I made as written in a 9x13 pan and mine cooked up nicely in 38 minutes. Will make again!! Made for Everyday Holiday.
I made this for our Easter breakfast!! I made exactly as written although did add salt and pepper to the egg mixture and some minced onion with the sausage. I used a package of Bob Evans Sausage. I would recommend using a 9" X 13" pan as the 8' X 11" was too small, I couldn't fit all the egg mixture in the pan. I cooked mine for 45 mins and probably could have cooked another 10 minutes, eggs were still a little runny. Definitely would make again, nice and flavorful, but would just switch pan size. Thanks for sharing Breezermom!! Made for New Tag.