Recipe by Claudia Dawn
We love the unique taste of the brown rice mixed with the pork sausage. Serve with crusty French bread and a green vegetable.
Top Review by 932ninja
Grrreeaattt stuff Claudia!! I had to make quite a few changes/additions based on product on hand, but this was amazing!!! I had to make a "cream soup" base because I didn't have any.... this entailed making a roux, adding chicken broth granules to soy milk and simmering that for a while. There is lactose intolerance here so I didn't do the cheese. Broccoli was on major sale this week so I had a lot and I broke up florets and put it all over the top and then sprinkled progresso bread crumbs all over it and baked that baby as directed. I also diced up carrots and celery in addition to the green pepper. SO, quite a bit of changing and re-arranging, but your concept was there and I loved it!!! Thanks so much Claudia!
- 1 lb sausage
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook& stir sausage in Dutch oven until brown; drain.
- Stir in rice, milk, celery, green pepper, onion, soup and mushrooms.
- Pour into ungreased 2 quart casserole and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook uncovered in 350°F oven until center is bubbly, about 45 minutes.