Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this in a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, and it looks great! I disagree with the serving size though--4 servings sounds a bit off. I will report back when I've made it. Also, I reworded it a little bit.
- 236.59 ml cheese tortellini (tricolor or plain, the dried kind)
- 709.77 ml broccoli florets
- 226.79 g Polish sausage, halved lengthwise and thinly bias-sliced (make sure it's the fully-cooked kind)
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml caraway seed
- 236.59 ml milk
- 236.59 ml processed swiss cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
- 14.79 ml coarse grain mustard
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, cook tortellini in a large amount of boiling salted water for 5 minutes less than the time given on the package, stirring occasionally.
- Add broccoli and sausage. Return to boiling and cook about 5 minutes more or until pasta is tender but slightly firm and broccoli is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and caraway seeds. Add milk all at once.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add cheese and mustard, stirring until cheese melts. Pour over tortellini mixture; toss to coat.