Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
These breakfast wraps take a little time but since you can freeze them, and they are so tasty, they are worth the extra effort for breakfast. This comes from the Aug/Sept issue of Light & Tasty.
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage link, casings removed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) cartonfrozen egg substitute, thawed
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 10 8-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 1⁄4 cups salsa
- In a skillet cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 13x9-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with red pepper and onion.
- Combine the egg substitute, green chilies, chili powder and salt; pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until set.
- Break up the sausage mixture with a spoon.
- Place 2/3 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with salsa.
- Fold one end over sausage mixture, then fold two sides over.
- *Note:I also like to fry up some hash browns or tater tots to have some potatoes to go into the tortilla.
Loved it. I used a weight watchers whole wheat wrap and added a little cumin. Excellent!
Really tasty Brunch dish I served them with stuffed mushrooms, cut the recipe to make two. I had a bit left over after filling the whole wheat tortillas so I poured it over. I used real eggs Nice peppy flavor Thanks iluvmythomas