1/2 Photos of Sausage Breakfast Muffins
I wanted to come up with a filling breakfast for my boys to get them through the morning. Going off a breakfast casserole recipe, I modified it to make these hearty, energy filled muffins. I am going to work on a healthier version next go around, using ground chicken. *These freeze well. *Could be baked as a casserole in a 9 x 9 pan. 350 F for approx 1 hour. *Use glass, ceramic or best choice, stoneware. Metal pans turn the bottoms too dark.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g sausage meat
- 226.79 g low-sodium bacon, cut up small
- 118.29 ml mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped small
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning
- sea salt & fresh black pepper, to taste
- 8 slice whole wheat bread (or any bread you like)
- 5 omega eggs, beaten
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 295.73 ml low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray muffin pan(s) with cooking spray.
- 3Crumble sausage meat, add bacon, mushrooms & seasonings into a large frying pan, cook well. Drain excess fat.
- 4Remove hard crusts from bread and tear into small pieces in a large mixing bowl, add meat mixture. Mix well to combine and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- 5Add 1 cup of the cheese to bread mixture.
- 6In a medium bowl, combine eggs and skim milk.
- 7Evenly pour egg mixture over bread and meat, mix well.
- 8Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 9Fill muffin pan 2/3 full, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes, or until set. (Do not overbake).
- 10Place muffin pan on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Breakfast Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.9
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 115.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: