Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've found that adding a little cream to the sausage gravy makes all the difference in the world! Easy (and delicious) biscuit recipe = Cream Biscuits
- Saute sausage in a large saucepan over medium heat until done.
- Drain off excess grease.
- Stir in the butter until its melted; stir in sage.
- Slowly sprinkle flour over the sausage, stirring continuously until the flour has coated the sausage.
- Gradually stir in the milk, and worchestershire.
- Bring the gravy to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in cream as desired.
- Serve immediately.
My husband made this for breakfast this morning and it tuned out great! He used reduced-fat sausage and fat-free half and half and it was still rich and delicious. Thanks for posting!
I used Jimmy Dean hot sausage and added the sage which gave it a really nice flavor. Simple and flavorful. Thanks Galley Wench. Made for PotLuck Tag.
I made this for breakfast today, and it was very good. I just served it over canned biscuits, but it was still tasty. For the pork sausage, I used a hot and spicy variety which I loved in this recipe. I left out the sage because while I probably would have enjoyed it, I didn't know if my husband would. I'll try it next time. Otherwise, I made exactly as directed and it was the perfect creamy, hearty, tasty breakfast for a lazy Sunday. Thanks for posting! Made for Theirs, Yours, & Mine Photo Tag.