Top Review by Chris from Kansas
My husband made this for breakfast this morning and it tuned out great! He used reduced-fat sausage and fat-free half and half and it was still rich and delicious. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb pork sausage (Jimmy Dean works great)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage, ground (optional)
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream (adjust to need)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute sausage in a large saucepan over medium heat until done.
- Drain off excess grease.
- Stir in the butter until its melted; stir in sage.
- Slowly sprinkle flour over the sausage, stirring continuously until the flour has coated the sausage.
- Gradually stir in the milk, and worchestershire.
- Bring the gravy to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in cream as desired.
- Serve immediately.