1/3 Photos of Sausage Breakfast Casserole
1 hr 25 mins
A quick and easy breakfast casserole that uses croutons so the bread is already cubed for you. This recipe is from my new favorite casserole cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet cook sausage until brown, drain.
- 2Lightly grease a 3 quart rectangular baking dish and spread croutons evenly in bottom.
- 3Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheese over croutons and top with sausage.
- 4In a large bowl add 2 1/2 cups milk, eggs, and dry mustard. Whisk together well and carefully pour over layers in baking dish.
- 5In a small bowl combine cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 cup milk, whisk well and spoon evenly over mixture in baking dish.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- 7Bake in a 325 degree oven, uncovered for 45 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for approximately 5 to 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 9Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 10Chill time is not included in prep and cooking time.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.1
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 183.2 mg
- Sodium 574.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 29.6 g