Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Another recipe from chefrick.com. Excellent casserole for those cold mornings. I am sure it will be a kid pleaser. Definately a parent pleaser!
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 slices bread, cut into cubes
- 1 lb sausage, cooked
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs, adding milk, salt and mustard. Mix well.
- Grease bottom of 9 X 13 baking dish.
- Place in a layer of bread cubes,sausage, then cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Let stand about 5 minutes before cutting.
This was our Christmas morning breakfast. I'm rating this from my son's point of view since he ate most of it! I used some herb bread I had made earlier in the week for the bread cubes, skim millk, and reduced fat cheddar to save some calories for later in the day. I loved that I could make this the night before and pop it in the oven early the next day. Thanks for posting!