Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make-ahead and freeze these burritos for a quick, hot breakfast on the go. I make these on the smaller size using 6" tortillas, but that is just right for a quick bite on the way to work in the morning for us. I get 25-30 burritos depending on how well I distribute. You can re-size or add in favorite ingredients easily.
- 12 eggs
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa (I use Tostito's -Hot)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- flour tortilla (I like Ole brand)
- In a large skillet, crumble and cook sausage.
- Drain sausage and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs and water.
- Pour mixture into the same skillet and scramble until eggs are cooked.
- Add cooked sausage and salsa and stir to combine.
- Assemble by placing ~1/4c of mixture onto tortilla.
- Top with ~1T cheese.
- Roll burrito style, tucking in the ends as best you can.
- Wrap burrito in a sheet of paper towel.
- Wrap again in aluminum foil.
- To reheat, remove foil wrapper and discard. Microwave burrito for 1min.
- Now breakfast is hot, packaged, and ready to go!
This was so easy and so good. I made a few changes based on what I had on hand - used chopped bacon instead of sausage and added fresh chopped cilantro - then followed directions and placed in freezer. I needed something quick and easy that DH could have for breakfast on work days and this will be perfect. Just pop in the microwave and ready to go, so much better than yogurt and toast every morning. Made for Fall PAC 2012