Recipe by Christmas Carol
This recipe is from my "Taste Of Home's Quick Cooking" cookbook and is a fun, delicious grilling recipe for sweltering summer days or evenings. Although it's yummy as is, you could add green pepper pieces and red, white, or Vidalia onion wedges for more of a "Sausage Sub on a Stick." Yum!
- 2 lbs Italian sausages (sweet or hot)
- 1⁄2 lb French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce sausages with a fork. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink, turning occasionally. Remove from the grill; cut into 2 inch pieces. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate sausage pieces with two bread cubes. Combine oil, pepper, oregano, and half of the spaghetti sauce; brush over kabobs. Grill 5 minutes more or until sausage is heated through and bread is toasted. Sprinkle with minced fresh basil or parsley. Heat remaining spaghetti sauce and serve over kabobs or alongside skewers in a decorative ramekin for dipping.