Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy and delicious stuffing mix.
- 2 boxes chicken stove top stuffing mix
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package mild sausage
- Sautee Butter, celery, and Onion.
- Fry sausage until done and drain off fat.
- Cook seasoning mix from stove top stuffing as directed on box.
- Empty bread crumbs from stuffing mix in large bowl.
- Add to bread crumbs, cooked sausage, sauteed onions and celery.
- Stir in Seasoning mix until well mixed, but not mushy.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees or stuff in turkey as desired.
We really enjoyed this dressing! I did add a few things and changed a few things. What I did was... I subbed the chicken stove top dressing for what I had on hand. One box was a stove top turkey dressing and one box was the savory herb dressing stove top dressing . The way I changed how I put it all together was, I sauteed the celery and onion in butter than added 2 cups of chicken broth and 1 cup of water and brought to a boil. Cut the heat off as soon as the broth came to a boil added both dry breadcrumbs from each box of stuffing. Stirred to combine all and place in a greased baking dish and baked as stated in the recipe. Made recipe#22227 to have along with this dish. Made for a wonderful dinner! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Easy to prepare, tasty was a real winner. Will use for my Thanksgiving dinner.