Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe in one of my Great Aunt's old cookbooks. I have not tried it yet, but I am posting here for safe keeping.It is different from the other Sausage Bread recipes posted here on zaar. It is from an old newspaper clipping, I have no idea how old it is. According to the article it will keep for weeks in the fridge and is good with cream cheese or apple sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover the raisins with water and simmer for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Mix sausage, brown sugar, white sugar and eggs. Stir in nuts and raisins.
- Mix flour, spices, and baking powder together.
- Stir baking soda into coffee.
- Blend coffee and flour mixture into sausage mixture.
- Pour into a greased, floured 9-inch tube pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.