Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so good and also very filling.
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 can mushroom, optional
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, velveeta or 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fry the sausage and onion together.
- Pam or grease a cookie sheet.
- Shape your dough into a rectangle and brush with half of the beaten egg.
- Place the sausage and onion on top to within about an inch of the sides.
- Add the mushrooms and top with the cheese of your choice.
- Roll the dough into a loaf, tucking the ends.
- Brush the top with the remainder of egg.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool before cutting (If you can wait that long).
I made this recipe but added some chopped bell pepper and jalapeno (seeded). Gave it a little kick! It was excellent!
Thanks Secret, delicious easy to make. I also loved the choices of optional mushrooms and choice of cheeses, because I usually have 2 of the 3 cheeses, but not all 3. Thank-you.
This is a quick and easy recipe. It is also very, very good.