Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 12 ounces sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 (3 ounce) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion tops
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet cook; sausage, onion, celery, green pepper & garlic until meat is no longer pink and veggies are tender, drain.
- Add cream cheese, green onions & parsley.
- Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted, set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough on a greased baking sheet, press perforations together.
- Roll in to a rectangle.
- Spoon mixture within, make sure to leave 3 inches of sides and 1 inch on each end.
- On each side cut 3/4 inch wide strips.
- Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle, forming a braid.
- Brush dough with egg and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
I love this recipe! Family members request it every time they stay over night.