Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is from a Hutterite Cookbook, centuries old recipe. The Hutterites are one of three surviving Anabaptist groups, The other two are Mennonites and Amish. The Hutterites are different because they believe in communal living and communal ownership. There are many colonies in Montana, South Dakota and Canada. They believe in having modern farming and ranching equipment. I have added the modern non stick spray Pam
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 -16 links sausages
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pam cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2In medium sauce pan, fry sausages until they are browned.
- 3Drain the grease.
- 4Cut in 1 inch or 2 inch pieces, set aside.
- 5Cream butter, sugar, eggs and milk in a medium bowl.
- 6In a separate bowl blend flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- 7Add to creamed mixture.
- 8Spray Pam in square 10 inch baking pan.
- 9Pour half of the batter in the pan.
- 10Place sausage pieces evenly over the batter.
- 11Pour remaining batter over the sausages.
- 12Bake 30-40 minutes.
- 13Cut in squares and serve hot.
- 14Serve with toppings if desired.
- 15Toppings are adapted to this recipe from my German heritage.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Bobbat - a Polish-Russian Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 824.4
- Calories from Fat 381
- Total Fat 42.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 313.1 mg
- Sodium 1578.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 30.4 g