Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A wonderful weekend breakfast. You may want to double the blueberry sauce-it's that good! *cook time does not include overnight refrigeration* This came from my Gooseberry Patch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup oleo, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb ground sausage, browned
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl; set aside.
- Cream margarine in a large mixing bowl; add sugars, mixing well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; mix flour mixture and sour cream alternately into sugar mixture.
- Fold in sausage and blueberries; pour into an ungreased 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Cover, refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350' for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden on top; serve warm with blueberry sauce.
- For blueberry sauce combine sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan; add water and blueberries. Heat and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; continue heating for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice. Cool slightly before serving.
- Makes 2 cups of sauce.