Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great little appetizer or it even goes with breakfast. Pretty easy to put together with fantastic results!
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Thaw puff pastry on counter in box 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook sausage in skillet until about half way done.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Cut puff pastry into thirds lengthwise following seams.
- Roll out slightly lengthwise.
- Place uncooked sausage links end to end on the long side of the strips near edge.
- With pastry brush, brush a little water on the opposite edge from the sausage.
- Roll sausage in dough until the seam is down and seal.
- Cut sausage into 1 ½ inch pieces.
- With scissors, snip a little"x" on each piece (this allows steam to escape and keep the pastry from getting soggy).
- Beat egg with a little milk a d brush this over pieces.
- Bake at 400.
- Check after 10 minutes without opening the oven.
- Cook until lightly brown.
- Another 5 minutes or so.