Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My father used to make this every Sunday for my brothers and I. Now I make it every Sunday, after a long night out, for my girlfriend and I. Not only is it great tasting, all the grease and heavy biscuits help take away the hangover. I prefer the flaky layers biscuits. If you have a good recipe for biscuits I am sure they would taste better with some awesome homemade biscuits!
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) package biscuits
- seasoning salt (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven for biscuits and put biscuits in the oven.
- Brown sausage, do this slowly probably on medium heat, the more grease you can manage to get from the sausage the better it will taste without any salt and pepper.
- Mix the milk and flour in a large measuring cup or a bowl.
- Mix all the milk and flour mixture in with the sausage slowly, make sure to stir constantly. You don't want the gravy burning on the bottom of the pan.
- Turn the heat down low and bring the gravy to a boil. As the gravy thickens the grease will work its way in to the gravy so stir constantly. Add the seasoning salt, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Usually at this point, the biscuits are done. So take out the biscuits and put it all on a plate and enjoy.