Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in the "Arizona Republic" newspaper. This a quick and easy breakfast treat.
- 1 lb hot sausage or 1 lb chorizo sausage
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk or 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Fry and crumble sausage or chorizo, drain.
- Mix together bisquick, cornmeal, eggs, milk or water.
- Fold in sausage and spoon into greased muffin tins.
- Bake@ 375 degree oven for 9-11 minutes.
These are quick and easy to make, and a convenient breakfast food to eat on the run. However, I found the texture a little mushy, and the flavor a little bland for my liking, even using a spicy South Texas chorizo. I believe the batter is just too heavy, and there is too much of it in proportion to the amount of sausage. If I make these again, I will cut the amount of batter down and add some diced red peppers and cheddar cheese.