Recipe by Michelle Figueroa
My girlfriend Stephanie makes these often and was kind enough to share the recipe with me. They always disappear quickly. I hope I can explain the process well enough. My boyfriend loves them.
- 8 ounces ground sausage
- 1 (12 count) package refrigerated biscuits
- wax paper
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Tear a long sheet of wax paper, approximately 20 inches in length. Spray lightly with pam.
- Take out biscuits and separate. (I use Hungry Jack.) Place biscuits flat, in the middle of wax paper, so that you have two rows of five biscuits. Make sure edges touching.
- Press edges together and flatten biscuits so that you form one rectangle of dough. (This is done easier when the biscuits are at room temperature.).
- Spread raw sausage evenly on top of the dough. (I usually use Jimmy Dean Sage flavored sausage).
- Roll dough (lengthwise) so that you form one long log. Once the log is formed wrap in the wax paper and smooth out (and lengthen the log a bit).
- Unwrap log and slice into pinwheels. I generally get 20 to 24 slices out of one log.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Note: If you would like to freeze these for later use, only bake them for about 15 minutes. To reheat, place frozeen pinwheels in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.