Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mushrooms, italian sausage and red bell pepper make a delicious meal baked with buttermilk biscuits. Just add fresh fruit or a tossed salad for a delicious brunch or dinner.
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 1 lb bulk mild Italian sausage, cooked, drained, crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Prepare biscuits as directed on can; cool slightly. Cut each biscuit into quarters; set aside. Decrease oven temperature to 350°F Grease 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until tender. Add mushrooms; cook until mushrooms just begin to brown. Add sausage, garlic, red bell pepper and seasoning; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. In large bowl, combine biscuit quarters and sausage mixture; mix well.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs and milk until smooth. Pour over sausage mixture. Add cheeses; mix well. Spoon into greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 45 minutes or until firm.