Sausage, Bell Pepper and Onion Focaccia Sandwiches
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions, garlic paste and fennel seeds in oil over moderately-high heat, stirring, until vegetables are browned lightly.
- Cook mixture over moderate heat, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Grill sausages over moderately-high heat, turning once, 6-10 minutes.
- Halve lengthwise.
- Halve focaccia squares horizontally, leaving 1 edge cut (do not cut all the way through leave a hinge).
- Fill with pepper mixture and sausage.