Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The name says it all - have this one at your next tailgate...
- 3 bell peppers, different colours,sliced thin
- 2 onions, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed to a paste with
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh sausage, cut into 4 inch lengths
- 1 focaccia bread, cut into 6 4 inch squares
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions, garlic paste and fennel seeds in oil over moderately-high heat, stirring, until vegetables are browned lightly.
- Cook mixture over moderate heat, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Grill sausages over moderately-high heat, turning once, 6-10 minutes.
- Halve lengthwise.
- Halve focaccia squares horizontally, leaving 1 edge cut (do not cut all the way through leave a hinge).
- Fill with pepper mixture and sausage.
Delicious and so easy to make! Thanks for sharing -- this is a must for an easy, no-fuss meal. We had these with chips and ate them on paper plates for easy clean up too! Thanks for sharing!