Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was worth all the typing! This pizza is better than any delivery or take out! It really is very simple 8) Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3 1⁄3 cups Bisquick
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- Heat oven to 450° and grease rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches.
- Cook the sausage and beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brown.
- Drain and set aside for now.
- Stir the Bisquick and water into a large bowl until dough forms.
- Divide dough into 2 parts, 1 part slightly larger. Roll larger part into a rectangle, 16x14 inches on surface dusted with Bisquick.
- Fold crosswise into thirds and place in the center of the dish; unfold and press on bottom and up sides of dish.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese, then 3/4 cup of sauce, then meat mixture, mushrooms, pepper, and pizza toppings. And 1 1/2 cups of cheese.
- Roll remaining dough into rectangle, 13x9 inches. Fold crosswise into thirds.
- Place on cheese in center of baking dish. Unfold and press crust edges together to seal.
- Make small slits in top crust. Spread remaining sauce over crust and then remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 22-25 minutes or until edges of crust are golden brown.
This was most excellent. Reminded me of a pie I had in Chicago a few years back. Definitely a keeper. Thanks.