1/1 Photo of Sausage & Beans With Rice
From Taste of Home submitted by Beth Cholette.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices (Kielbasa)
- 16 ounces kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounces great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1In a large skillet, saute the onion, green or red pepper and garlic in oil onion is crisp tender.
- 2Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 3Pour into a greased 13x9 baking pan.
- 4Cover and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- 5Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage & Beans With Rice
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.6
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 51.5 mg
- Sodium 1508.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: