Recipe by blondegreen
Sooo easy and sooo tasty! My teenage son's favorite. There's never any left over. Don't leave out the thyme, it makes the dish.
Top Review by PJparker
I love this recipe. I have made it several times, and came back to this page to reprint it. I even joined food.com just to write this review!
I would suggest adding some salt. Other than that, I make it just as it was written.
- 8 ounces kielbasa or 8 ounces beef sausages
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini or 1 (19 ounce) canother white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Brown sausage (no need to add fat) in a large deep skillet. Drain fat to save calories.
- Stir in onion, garlic, then tomatoes. Cover and cook over medium heat about 10 minute or until onions are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir to mix. Transfer to prepared dish. Can be covered and refrigerated up to 2 days if desired. Bake covered 30 minute or until hot. Makes 4 servings (or 1 serving for a very hungry teenage boy).