1/3 Photos of Sausage, Beans, and Greens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage or 1/2 lb mild Italian sausage, bias-sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (19 ounce) cans white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 2 cups torn escarole or 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1In a large pot, cook sausage and onion over medium heat for 5 minutes or until onion is tender; drain.
- 2Add in beans, chicken broth, wine, and thyme.
- 3Bring to a boil; lower heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in escarole; heat through.
- 5Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
- 6Ladle into individual bowls; sprinkle w/ Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage, Beans, and Greens
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.4
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 1728.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 28.8 g