Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A ready-made pizza shell (whole wheat if you can find one) helps make this a quick and easy Friday Night Fix. My grandkids love this one.
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves, crumbled
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- grated parmesan cheese
- Remove casings from sausages; crumble meat into a skillet and cook, stirring frequently until meat is well browned. Pour off fat.
- Add beans and oregano to sausages, mix well, spread on pizza shell.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Arrange tomato and cheese slices on hot pizza, sprinkle on as much or as little Parmesan cheese as you like.
- Bake and additional a0 minutes. Cut into wedges to server.