Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Thanks to my friend Carol for this hearty picnic recipe. It goes a long way serving a large crowd.
Make and share this Sausage Bean Patch Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g breakfast sausage
- 453.59 g hot Italian sausage
- 6 slice bacon
- 473.18 ml onions, chopped
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- 340.19 g can pork and beans
- 425.24 g can green beans, drained
- 425.24 g can yellow beans, drained
- 425.24 g can kidney beans, drained
- 425.24 g can lima beans, drained
- 29.58 ml salad mustard (like French's mustard)
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 425.24 g can tomato soup
- 226.79 g can tomato paste
- Brown sausages, break into small pieces with a fork. Drain.
- Mix sausages with the rest of the ingredients.
- Place in 9 x 13 casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered for 1 1/2 hours.
Wow! Was this good. What a great suprise. We loved this dish. It was quick and very very easy to throw together, didn't need to buy anything to make this very satisfying meal. The flavors are incredible, everything blends together perfectly to create a memorable taste treat. I used very hot italian sausage, honey garlic breakfast sausage, doubled the chili powder and decreased the sugar by 1/2 cup. I also, cut up the bacon and cooked it along with the sausages. We loved this. Thank you so much for sharing a lovely recipe, that I will make again. Made for Pac/Fall/09