Recipe by Friday's pal
I found this tasty recipe on another recipe website and modified it to my taste buds. Hope you like it!
- 1 lb italian sweet sausage
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (48 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 2 teaspoons chicken soup base
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw and drain spinach well.
- Remove casings from sausage and cook thoroughly in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and Italian seasoning to the sausage.
- When done remove from heat and drain.
- In a slow cooker place the sausage, chicken broth, carrot, spinach, barley and soup base.
- Cook on high 4 hours or 6 to 8 hours on low.