Recipe by ~Robyn~
Delicious AND so simple.
Top Review by Pam-I-Am
I don't want to rate these with stars as I changed the recipe. (I don't think it's fair to change a recipe and then lower the rating). My sausage balls turned out quite dry and I'm pretty sure it's because I used the Jimmy Dean low-fat sausage. I just wanted to post in case someone wants to do it low fat - don't. It will end up dry and not so good. Looks like others had a great outcome and that's how the recipe should be!
- 1 (1 lb) package ground sausage
- 3 cups baking mix (recommended -- Bisquick)
- 4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 tablespoon pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large glass bowl.
- Mix well with your fingers. The mixture will be very crumbly.
- Form into 1 inch balls, squeezing the mixture so it holds together, then rolling it between the palms of your hands to form balls.
- Place the balls on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- To prevent sticking, move the balls with a spatula halfway through cooking.
- To make the dip, combine the mayonnaise and mustard.
- Serve with sausage balls.