Recipe by kwlabear
This is a christmas favorite with my family! It came from a Jimmy Dean recipe that I've adapted to our tastes. Tastes great with mexican shredded cheese! This can be as mild or hot and spicy as you desire.
Top Review by spooty3
I made this and took half the results to a pot-luck (my first pot-luck contribution ever) and it got some raves. I left the last few with the hostess, who also asked for the recipe. I made it pretty much as written, but using "Mexican style four-cheese blend" as suggested, and only 1T. of the Essence. I did cook them for 20 minutes, though, as they didn't quite look ready at 15. After taking them out of the baking dish, I let them drain on paper towels. These can't be very healthy, and are fairly greasy, but still quite tasty. I described them to someone as tasting kind of like those breakfast sausage biscuits, except in a handy meatball form. I think I'll make them again sometime.
- 2 (1 lb) packages ground sausage
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix or 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) packageshredded cheese (I prefer Mexican blend cheese)
- 1 -2 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence, according to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost sausage.
- Mix sausage, bisquick, shredded cheese and essence well.
- form into balls.
- bake in 350 oven 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- *You may add more essence according to taste.
- If you want a really hot sausage ball, use hot sausage and add essence as desired.