Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A crowd-pleaser for Holiday gatherings. This is my most requested recipe. These are best served with Versatile Mustard Dip (Versatile Mustard Dip/Sandwich Spread).
- Allow cheese and sausage to reach room temperature.
- Place in mixing bowl with Bisquick and blend until smooth. (I've had great success using my hand-held electric mixer to incorporate ingredients).
- NOTE: Mixture will be quite dry.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spray well with vegetable oil spray.
- Press/roll mixture into 1 inch balls by hand; place on cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake in 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper toweling.
- Serve warm with Versatile Mustard Dip (Recipe #150023).
Been making these for 25 years. TIP:To avoid being too dry make sure all ingredients are at room temperature and mix sausage and biscuit mix first then add the cheese. I serve 2 different dipping sauces for everyone to choose from: #1: 1/2C peach or apricot preserves mixed with 1/2C Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.
#2: 1 (8 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce, 3/4 cup chili sauce, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice heated over medium heat til all is blended. Yummmmmmm
Wonderful and easy to make!
These were super but I had some problems with mine being so dry they wouldn't stick together... I was going to add more cheese but added some cranberry jelly instead. They were delicious and people kept asking about the secret ingredient! I'll plan to add the jelly next time! (I used probably 2 tbsp of jelly) Thanks for the recipe!