Top Review by Maggie Joe
Been making these for 25 years. TIP:To avoid being too dry make sure all ingredients are at room temperature and mix sausage and biscuit mix first then add the cheese. I serve 2 different dipping sauces for everyone to choose from: #1: 1/2C peach or apricot preserves mixed with 1/2C Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.
#2: 1 (8 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce, 3/4 cup chili sauce, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice heated over medium heat til all is blended. Yummmmmmm
- Allow cheese and sausage to reach room temperature.
- Place in mixing bowl with Bisquick and blend until smooth. (I've had great success using my hand-held electric mixer to incorporate ingredients).
- NOTE: Mixture will be quite dry.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spray well with vegetable oil spray.
- Press/roll mixture into 1 inch balls by hand; place on cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake in 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper toweling.
- Serve warm with Versatile Mustard Dip (Recipe #150023).