Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen Show: Paula's Home Cooking Episode: Sunday Brunch
- 1 (1 lb) package ground sausage
- 3 cups baking mix (recommended -- Bisquick)
- 4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 tablespoon pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large glass bowl. Mix well with your fingers. The mixture will be very crumbly. Form into 1 inch balls, squeezing the mixture so it holds together, then rolling it between the palms of your hands to form balls.
- Place the balls on the baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. To prevent sticking, move the balls with a spatula halfway through cooking.
- To make the dip, combine the mayonnaise and mustard. Serve with sausage balls.
These are some very good sausage balls. Can't get much easier than this recipe either! I used spicy Italian sausage and Jiffy baking mix. Very nice appetizer that I will make again. Made for PAC Spring 2010.