Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I'm really not certain on the right #of servings on this one. It's been so long since I've made it! These really are wonderful...I could eat them all myself!
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 3 cups Bisquick
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- chili sauce
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Lightly grease a jelly roll pan.
- Mix all ingredients except the chili sauce.
- Shape into one inch balls and place on the pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until brown.
- Remove immediately from pan.
- Serve warm with chili sauce.
These were quite good. My mother always made sausage cheese balls with cooked sausage and I lost the recipe years ago. I have tried making with raw sausage once before and was not happy with the result. These turned out well, and the only changes I made were I used 2 cups sharp cheddar and 2 cups mexican blend for the cheese and added 1/2 tsp each of ground black pepper and garlic powder with the other herbs. I really liked the parmesan cheese, it added another layor of flavor. I think that I would cut back on the cheese the next time to 3 cups because I thought the cheese wound up overpowering the sausage in the end. Thanks for the recipe.
This is a great recipe. My late friend used to always make them for our card parties. Hers always tasted better than mine. But once you start eating these, it's hard to stop.
This is one of the best of this type that I've tried. The herbs are a very nice touch. I substituted turkey sausage and that mixture was a bit dry, so I added a little olive oil. Turned out great!