Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sausage balls are a very popular dish in the American South. We eat them for appetizers, breakfast, or snacks. This recipe came from my mother-in-law, the source of many of my favorite recipes. In fact, she made them on my very first visit to her home, before my husband and I were married. He LOVES these sausage balls and he actually cooks them most of the time at our house. They can be made with either spicy or mild sausage and are especially good with honey for dipping before eating. Enjoy! Note: My copy of the recipe does not provide a cooking time.
- Cook sausage in a skillet until done and crumble the sausage.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked sausage, Bisquick, and cheese.
- Shape mixture into small balls.
- Place balls in greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees until light brown. Watch the sausage balls closely so they don't get too brown.