Recipe by shimmerysummersun
I'm posting this here for safekeeping. I haven't actually tried this yet but it sounds delicious!
Top Review by paperprincess424
I really liked these I found the recipe in a little recipe book at the grocery store. I used 1 pound of bacon at least and regular sausage links (I cooked the sausage links ahead of time about 2/3 of the way). It did take a little longer for the bacon to get crispy probably 50 minutes but I used half thick cut and half regular bacon. The thick cut was way more flavorful. I made them for MOPS, everyone loved them.
- 3⁄4 lb sliced bacon
- 2 (8 ounce) packages brown and serve sausages
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon strips widthwise in half, cut sausage links in half. Wrap a piece of bacon around each piece of sausage. Place 1/2 cup brown sugar in a shallow bowl; roll sausages in sugar. Secure each with a toothpick. Place in a foil-lined baking pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until the bacon is crisp, turning once. Sprinkle with the remaining brown sugar.
- *I'm not sure how many people this would serve, so the serving size is a guess.
- **The preparation time does not include chilling time.