Recipe by TreanBean
This is a great one for winter nights and is so easy to make. You can use low fat products if you like to make it more healthy. My family love this one.
Top Review by Shuzbud
We absolutely loved this recipe. I love my tomatoes, so used 4 and added quite a bit of water to make a gravy. I used Oxo bouillon cubes so didn't need to thicken the sauce. We'll come back to this recipe often- thanks! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 lb back bacon (Chopped)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 3 lbs potatoes
- 1 lb grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, chop and boil your potatos. (while potatos are boiling).
- Cook Sausages and cut each sausage into four.
- Fry chopped onion, bacon and cooked chopped sausages.
- Crumble oxo cubes into the above along with mixed herbs and stir.
- Quater tomatos and mix in with above,
- Leave to simmer for about 10 minutes stiring occasionaly, (you may want to add a touch of water to add a bit of juice but not to much).
- Transfer the sausage mixture to a caserole or oven dish.
- Drain and mash your potatos using your prefered method.
- Spoon on top of sausage mixture like you would a shepherds pie.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200c until crispy on top.
- Cover with grated cheese and bake again until cheese has melted.
- Serve on its own or with vegetables.