Recipe by Valeria
We just tried this tonight and it was delicious! Try it as it is or add bell peppers and herbs for extra seasoning. We put vegan mozzerella cheese on top, which melts quickly and becomes like a smooth sauce. The asparagus blends nicely into the other flavors. This is best in the spring when the vegetable is in season.
Top Review by Alicia O.
I used green onion instead, only because thats what was handy. I also added a bit of garlic. Then mixed in some rotini, and topped with mozzarella, and shredded parm. I uploaded a picture. Husband and 3yr old loved it!
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped (optional)
- 4 -5 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb asparagus, cut in 1-inch lengths
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium-high heat, fry sausage and onions together in a deep skillet until lightly browned. Drain fat.
- Stir in potatoes, water, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Mix in asparagus and simmer an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add extra water if needed.
- Sprinkle cheese on top before serving.