Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
We just tried this tonight and it was delicious! Try it as it is or add bell peppers and herbs for extra seasoning. We put vegan mozzerella cheese on top, which melts quickly and becomes like a smooth sauce. The asparagus blends nicely into the other flavors. This is best in the spring when the vegetable is in season.
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped (optional)
- 4 -5 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb asparagus, cut in 1-inch lengths
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
- Over medium-high heat, fry sausage and onions together in a deep skillet until lightly browned. Drain fat.
- Stir in potatoes, water, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Mix in asparagus and simmer an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add extra water if needed.
- Sprinkle cheese on top before serving.
I used green onion instead, only because thats what was handy. I also added a bit of garlic. Then mixed in some rotini, and topped with mozzarella, and shredded parm. I uploaded a picture. Husband and 3yr old loved it!
We did half the onion and added in 2 cloves of garlic, 2 small leeks, and 1/4 yellow bell pepper. The kids ate it all up! That should say it all, but I'll add that this is a great, quick dinner.