- 2 large acorn squash
- 1 lb loose sausage meat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut squash in half, remove pulp and seeds.
- Bake cut side down on greased baking sheet for 30 minutes.
- Shape sausage meat into 12 balls.
- Remove squash from oven. Turn over and sprinkle with spices.
- Fill each squash half w/ 1/2 cup applesauce and 3 sausage balls.
- Bake for another hour at 350 degrees F.