Recipe by loof
A festive addition to any holiday brunch!
Top Review by lazyme
This was a fun dish to make - it's just too cute! I halved the recipe and used a 1-pound roll of Jimmy Dean hot sausage. Other than that I made it as directed. This was simple to throw together and very tasty. I can't wait to make this again for company. The only thing that I will do differently next time is to chop the apple into larger pieces - I think it would add more to the taste to get an apple 'bite' every now and then. Thanks loof for a great recipe. Made for Photo Tag.
- 2 lbs pork sausage, any flavor
- 1 1⁄2 cups cracker crumbs
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 cup finely chopped apple
- 8 -10 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sausage, cracker crumbs, 2 eggs, milk, onion, and apple and mix thoroughly.
- Press sausage mixture lightly into a greased ring mold. Unmold into a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- 10 minutes before sausage is done, scramble the 8-10 eggs with the cheese and parsley.
- Remove the sausage ring from the oven and place on a serving dish. Fill center of ring with scrambled eggs and sprinkle with paprika.