Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A one-dish dinner that pleases the whole family.
- 1 (12 ounce) package smoked sausage
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (or 1 T dry) (optional)
- Saute sausage with water covered, about 8 minutes. Discard grease. Set aside.
- Saute potatos in about 2-3 T butter until tender. Set aside.
- Saute apples and onions in remaining 1 T butter until tender.
- Combine cider vinegar, sugar, and parsley.
- Return the sausage and potatoes to the saute pan along with the apples and onions. Add the vinegar, sugar, and parsley to the skillet. Mix well.
- Warm over medium heat until warmed through.
Really liked this. We had fresh golden delicious apples.
Really good made for supper tonight a little on the sweet side would cut down to 1 apple next time