Prep 12 hrs
Cook 55 mins
It's hard to photograph egg casseroles. Every time I've tried, it just doesn't look as good as it tastes. I suppose it's the bland colors. Anyways...L-O-V-E-D the sausage and apple flavors in this casserole!
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Tear 6 slices of bread and place into the baking dish.
- Add 1 pound of cooked sausage.
- Add 1 chopped onion and 1 chopped Granny Smith Apple.
- Toss together in the baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and salt and pepper. Pour over the bread, sausage and apple mixture in the baking dish.
- For best results, refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350°F for 45-55 minutes.
- Serve Sausage Apple Egg Casserole with fresh fruit.