Recipe by Katha
Found this on a web site a few years ago. not sure what one. Added a couple of my ideas & came up with this. This is better if it sits over night.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 1⁄2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded onion
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 5 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- garnish with spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄2 lb Polish sausage, sliced thin, then quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in a large saucepan,medium heat.
- Add cabbage, carrots,celery, onion & caraway seeds.
- Saute 10-12 minutes or until vegtables are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except mustard.
- Cook 20-25 minutes or until heated through& flavors are well blended.
- Stirring occasionally.