Recipe by Verelucky
This is my ex-mother-in-laws recipe. She use to have us over for Brunch on Christmas and New Years and this was the best.I am listing the ingredients as "per person". This can "wait" in the oven on warm for quite a while! This is so easy and soooo delicious!
- 4 breakfast sausage links (per person)
- 1 apple, peeled,cored and cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, simmer sausage links in approx 1/2 inch of water for 10 minutes, remove and put sausage in large oven proof dish.
- Melt 1 tblsp of butter in the skillet and stir fry apple chunks.
- Remove apples and mix with sausages.
- Add cinnamon and sugar on top of sausages and apples.
- Dot with remaining butter.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Uncover and continue to bake for 15 more minutes.
- You can reduce cooking time if you need to.