Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this on Pillsbury.com and it looked really good. I plan on trying it Christmas morning! The serving is for 2 people but would be easily adjusted to serve more.
- 2 frozen dinner rolls
- 6 ounces breakfast sausage (turkey or pork)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup pancake syrup
- 1 small granny smith apple, peeled & chopped (appx 3/4 cup)
- Heat oven to 375. Spray 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Place rolls on cutting board and let stand 10 minutes to thaw.
- In non-stick skillet, heat sausage until brown and drain.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk and syrup until well blended. Cut rolls into 3/4" cubes and place in the bowl with the egg mixture. Stir and coat all pieces. Add sausage and apple to mixture, stir & coat them as well. Pour into your casserole dish.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until the rolls are puffed. Insert a knife into the center and when it comes out clean, they are done! Let stand 5 minutes before you serve.
- You can also add bacon in place of the sausage for a different taste.