Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A really quick and easy appetizer.
- 2 1⁄2 cups baking mix
- 1 lb bulk sausage (hot or mild)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 medium apples, finely chopped (about 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped finely)
- Combine all ingredients; knead until well blended.
- Form into 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until browned; turn after 10 minutes.
- Makes about 3 dozen.
Used a mild Italian sausage & a large Granny Smith apple for this recipe ~ Made for tasty sausage balls! Easy (& unusual, for me)! [Made & reviewed for an adopted chef of mine in this Spring's PAC]