Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very easy recipe for the mornings you'd really rather starve to death than cook. from the "Hormel" people.
- 1 (12 ounce) packagehormel little sizzlers sausage links
- 1 cup baking mix (bisquik)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apple (abt. 1 med.)
- Preheat over to 400 degs.
- Brown & drain sausage on paper towels.
- In a large bowl combine baking mix, milk,egg,sugar,melted butter,cinnamon & nutmeg until blended. Stir in the apple.
- Spread in greased 9" pie plate.
- Arrange sausage in spoke fashion on top. (don't poke them in or they'll disapper on you while baking.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or till golden.
- Serve with butter & syrup.
I like this recipe, but used Krusteaz Buttermilk and their 2 cup mixture; and used a 11x17" glass casserole dish. Basically combined two similar recipes and it worked great! Definitely like the Pam and melted butter trick. Pieces come out clean. This will be my go-to recipe.
Delicious - just sweet enough from the apples to not really need the syrup. I will definitely make this again.
My son loved this recipe. I made this today for breakfast, and he told me that he really liked it. He said I should make this for every meal. That I think makes this a great KID recipe. I did call this a Wagon Wheel pancake