Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A very hearty fall dish. From Bev Ban, found on Foodtv.com
- 6 granny smith apples or 6 jonathan apples, peeled,cored and thinly sliced
- 2 lbs pre-cooked bratwursts or 2 lbs kielbasa
- 2 teaspoons butter, to taste
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled,sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded,diced
- 2 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese (optional)
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Layer apples and sausage on the bottom of a 9 by 13 by 2-inch casserole dish and dot with butter.
- Then layer the onions, potatoes, bell peppers and zucchini.
- Bake in a preheated 300 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Once casserole is cooked, cover the top with cheese and bake until melted.